What is Python?
Python is a widely-used, interpreted, object-oriented, and high-level programming language with dynamic semantics, used for general-purpose programming.
The name of Python programming language comes from an old BBC television comedy sketch series called Monty Python’s Flying Circus. Python’s creator named the programming language to honor of the TV show.
Who created Python?
Python was created by Guido van Rossum, born in 1956 in Haarlem, the Netherlands. Of course, Guido van Rossum did not develop and evolve all the Python components himself. Python has spread around the world is a result of the continuous work of thousands (very often anonymous) programmers, testers, users (many of them aren’t IT specialists) and enthusiasts, but the very first idea of the programming language came from one person’s head, wich was Guido’s head.
What are Python goals?
In 1999, Guido van Rossum defined his goals for Python:
- an easy and intuitivelanguage just as powerful as those of the major competitors;
- open source, so anyone can contribute to its development;
- code that is as understandableas plain English;
- suitable for everyday tasks, allowing for short development times.
Now, some people say that Python is the most popular programming language in the world.
What are the Python Advantages and disadvantages?
Advantage of python programming language:
- Python is easy to learn– the time needed to learn Python is shorter than for many other languages (steep learning curve). this means that it’s possible to start the actual programming faster;
- Python is easy to teach– the teaching workload is not as big as other language, it’s because python is easy to lear;
- Python is easy to usefor writing new software – it’s often possible to write code faster when using Python;
- Python is easy to understand– it’s also often easier to understand someone else’s code faster if it is written in Python;
- Python easy to obtain, install and deploy– Python is free, open and multiplatform;
Disadvantage of python programming language:
- Python is not as speed as compiled language like Java or C++, it’s because python is interpreted language;
- in some cases it may be resistant to some simpler testing techniques – this may mean that debugging Python’s code can be more difficult than with other languages; fortunately, making mistakes is always harder in Python.
What are Python’s rival?
Python has two direct competitors, These are:
- Perl– a scripting language originally authored by Larry Wall;
- Ruby– a scripting language originally authored by Yukihiro Matsumoto
Who have already used Python?
There are many industries that have already used Python for supporting jobs, e.g:
What version of Python does exist?
There are two kinds of Python, called Python 2 and Python 3.
Python 2 is an older version of the original Python while Python 3 is the newer (the current) version of the language.